Work In BA Career Fair: Connecting Employers to Talent
Broken Arrow Economic Development Corporation (BAEDC) and Chamber of Commerce completed a successful Work In BA Career fair, November 16, 2021. The event was attended by 33 companies from healthcare, manufacturing, hospitality, and service industries. More than 110 job seekers were on hand to meet with companies hiring executives.
“This was the best job fair I have attended. The BAEDC team worked to make sure we had ample time with job seekers and the hiring resources we needed. Broken Arrow is certainly a pro-business environment which makes it easy for our company to grow here,” said Chamber member, Brady Deaton of Oklahoma Disaster Restoration. Attended companies reported establishing good leads and made connections with quality candidates. There were even reports of direct hires at the fair.
“The pool of candidates was excellent and what we were looking for,” said Kelly Beyer with Manpower. “There was a great cross section of job seekers and well worth our company’s time to be involved.”
The 33 companies present represented more than 3,000 open positions in the area. “We know that identifying quality talent is what is most important to companies in Broken Arrow that are striving to grow and create wealth for the community. The BAEDC staff and Board of Directors is dedicated to ensuring we create opportunities for companies to identify and engage with talent,” said BAEDC SVP Darla Heller.
Career fairs are one of the many workforce development efforts facilitated by the BAEDC.
- The Center is open to assist job seekers and assist with resume creation and placement at 210 N. Main in Broken Arrow.
- Amber Miller, Workforce Development Manager will hold office hours at the Veteran Center the second Wednesday of each month, beginning December 8th from 9am to 3pm. Miller will be on site to assist job seekers
- with resume, job search and interview assistance.
- BAEDC acts a convener to ensure linkages happen with education and training providers for curriculum development to ensure high demand occupations have qualified clients.
- Labor market and unique research is provided by BAEDC staff to companies in the community to make strategic hiring decisions.
- BAEDC leads industry supported career awareness events focused on STEM careers.
- The BA Workforce Center for Excellence is a partnership of industry and education providers collaborating to reduce duplication.
Companies are encouraged to reach out to Workforce Development Manager, Amber Miller email@example.com for greater connection to hiring resources and possibilities of targeted events. The Work In BA Career Center is operated by the BAEDC with initial funding provided by the City of Broken Arrow and Tulsa County.
“I want the region to know that there are great opportunities in Broken Arrow and quality employers ready to hire,” said Miller.
Thank you to our Presenting Sponsor, Tulsa Tech, Host Sponsor Broken Arrow Public Schools and our Silver Sponsors AVB Bank, Avantive Solutions, Zeeco, Milo’s Tea, Brookdale Senior Living and Tulsa TSA for your support.
About the Broken Arrow EDC: The Broken Arrow Economic Development Corporation (BAEDC) connects businesses and organizations with guides and resources for success. Partnerships with local organizations and businesses have resulted in thousands of new jobs, capital investments that have expanded and improved the City of Broken Arrow.