Why Broken Arrow
A strong economy, an innovative spirit
Named “the most livable small city in America,” the City of Broken Arrow is located in the northeastern corner of Oklahoma, less than 20 miles from Tulsa.
Broken Arrow has a residential population of over 115,000, making it the 4th-largest city in the state. With over 1 million people within a 40-mile radius, Broken Arrow offers a vibrant city experience that lives as a suburban, family-oriented community.
The city is home to a wide range of businesses and industries. In fact, Broken Arrow is ranked third in its concentration of manufacturers in the state, with over 300 companies engaged in that sector.
Public-private partnerships that create jobs and support growth
The City of Broken Arrow partners with local companies, investing in win-win projects that create jobs and develop public infrastructure. The city recently invested over $6 million in a jobs creation package that helped local company Flight Safety International build a new, state-of-the-art 375,000 square-foot facility that also included additional public infrastructure.
Easily connected to the world
The City of Broken Arrow offers easy access to transportation and distribution resources such as air service, highways, and port. The city is easily connected to the world via the Tulsa International Airport (TUL) just 20 minutes away, with non-stop flights to over a dozen major airport hubs in the United States, including Atlanta (ATL), Chicago (ORD), Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), and Los Angeles (LAX). There are three more regional airports within 50 miles.
- City of Broken Arrow labor force: 57,898
- Wagoner County labor force: 39,029
- Tulsa County labor force: 329,642
- High school graduate or higher: 94% (above national average of 88%)
Local demographics and retail spending power
- Cost of living index: 97.4
- Stead single-family housing growth: 571 new homes starts in 2019
- 2019 taxable goods sold: $1,534,422,97
- Average household income: over $79,374
- Median home value: $160,800
- Low cost of living = more disposable income
- City sales tax rate
- 8.417% (Tulsa County)
- 9.35% (Wagoner County)
- Ad Valorem tax
- 16.46 mills (City share only)